Pages

Monday 4 November 2013

"Who the hell wants to hear about it? Who the hell cares?!"

In an ideal situation... I would have started this blog a lot sooner so I could keep updated in real-time and as time goes on. But I didn't want to come across as a moany "woe is me" type - even though sometimes, I do feel like that at times. Also I was under the impression, "Who the hell wants to hear about it? Who the hell cares?" 

But I was quickly corrected when all of my friends and family around me are being supportive and asking me questions about it. On more than one occasion it was suggested to me that I should write a blog but I just hesitated, thinking that no one would be interested. 

Now that I am more settled into my peritoneal dialysis and becoming more familiar with it I'm starting to dig deeper into this world of kidney failure and I was quite disappointed and surprised to find that whilst there are lots of websites telling you about the condition - there are not many personal blogs, forums or even an online group where people with my condition can vent, relate and share their experience to. I was starting to feel very alone with this condition. 

I think maybe writing about it all will help me in a way and I hope it may help someone else out there if they're about to go through or are going through the same thing.

So bear with me as I update you all on the process. I will be backtracking what happened from the start and hopefully keeping this blog up until the point that I get a kidney transplant (hopefully!) and then I guess after that I'll have to rename my blog to "The Girl Who Had a Kidney Transplant".




No comments:

Post a Comment